Customers Bancorp, Ollie’s Bargain Outlet and GSV Capital Executives Recognized
(LEOLA, PA) – The chief executive officers of Customers Bancorp (NYSE – CUBI), Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings (NASDAQ: OLLI), and GSV Capital (NASDAQ: GSVC) have been named as the recipients of the sixteenth annual “E-3 Awards,” presented by Emerald Asset Management at the 23rd annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum, held in Philadelphia on February 3, 2016.
Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management said, “We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders – qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence,” adding, “The award’s name – E-3 – reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award.” Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, said, “These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word.”
Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald’s team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
• A creative “outside the box” approach to corporate achievement;
• An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
• A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
• A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
• An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
The 2016 winners of the E-3 Award are:
Public Company Executive Award:
• Jay S. Sidhu, Chairman and CEO, Customers Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE – CUBI)
• Mark L. Butler, President and CEO, Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: OLLI)
Green Company Executive Award:
• Michael T. Moe, Chairman, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, GSV Capital Corp. (NASDAQ – GSVC)
Presented by Emerald Asset Management, Groundhog Day Investment Forum sponsors include Pepper Hamilton LLP, Sturdivant & Co., Janney Capital Markets, Trout, Ebersole & Groff LLP, Boenning & Scattergood, Raymond James and Greentree. The first Emerald Investment Forum was held in 1994 and has grown to become the definitive yearly kick-off conference for investors focusing on small- and mid-cap companies. Next year’s Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum is tentatively scheduled for February 2, 2017 in Philadelphia.